Kichler's Xenon Linear Lighting System: a highly versatile, low-profile, low-voltage system that effortlessly blends today's aesthetics with everyday practicality. Featuring a bright Xenon light bulb, slim cable and easy-to-install track, Kichler Linear Lighting is ideal for under, above and within cabinets, as well as for adding drama by illuminating your home's structural details. From enhancing a room's special characteristics to providing unobstructed light to essential work surfaces, this Linear Lighting System allows you to put light exactly where you need it most.
Using Kichler's innovative components are easy to use. Their track is pre-scoured every six (6) inches for proper length runs. (no need for cutting)
Follow These Easy Step by Step Directions:
1. Determine length of run (Example: 16 feet)
2. Determine lampholder spacing. Six inches is ideal for general illumination, two to four inches for task lighting, up to 12 inches for soft, non-uniform ambient lighting.
3. Determine number of lampholders required by dividing the length of the run in inches by the spacing (Example: 16 feet equals 192 inches/6 inch spacing=32 lampholders)
4. Determine lamp wattage desired-5 or 10 watts.
5. Multiply number of lampholders by wattage of lamps. (Example: 32 lampholders x 5 watts = 160 watts) Select transformer that is rated higher than the watts desired. (Example: 160 watts desired-use 300-watt transformer)
6. Cable should be the length of the run plus distance to transformer. (Example: 16 foot run + 10 feet from transformer to end of run = 26 feet of cable)
7. Track is four feet in length. Divide run by four feet to determine the number of track lengths required. (Example: 16 feet/4 = 4 lengths of track)
8. The 12 volt system allows for a 20 foot wire run. The 24 volt system allows for a 40 foot wire run.